GrabberOrange.net Forum Index -> Non-Grabber Orange Mo'sheens

New Mustang Colors for '08?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Author    Thread Post new topic   Reply to topic

07Tang
Valencia Member

Name: Dustin

New Mustang Colors for '08?

For those of you who are unaware of it, I work for Ford... well actually Ford Credit, the money making part of the Company Big Grin and I live here in Dearborn. I actually live right behind the Ford R&D complex, it is within walking distance.

So this afternoon I was at the bank hitting the ATM and I look over into the parking lot of the R&D complex and I see a GT painted what looked to be gold. So I drive by and sure enough it was a gold GT. There was a sign on it stating the color, "Amber Gold". Actually there were a whole bunch of models there with different colors. It looks like it was the area for all the cars with test colors. So as I was driving by I noticed another Mustang GT in a different color. Guess the color... you got it Grabber Blue. It looked sharp!

I hope that they offer one of the two, if not both and discontinue the GO. Then we all can have a paint job that was a 1 year run!

EDIT: Here are the pics:

EDIT: Feb. 18th - Drove by on my way home from work on Friday and both the Amber Gold and Grabber Blue have been moved from the parking lot and are no longer in the open... maybe the "leak" forced them to move them. Big Grin I wonder when they are going to try to "shut me up" Locked It wouldn't be the first time they did that to an employee!

Last edited by 07Tang on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:41 pm

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:11 pm 

FalconGTHO
The Cameraman

Name: Alan

I LOVE Grabber Blue. I wanted Sonic Blue, but hasnt been offered since 05. Ill have to see once I get my GO and then after GB comes out if I feel I shouldve waited. Ehh, no, Ive been waiting to get an S197 since 05, so screw that. But, Ill have to see if Ill wish that GB came out first.

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:52 pm 

07Tang
Valencia Member

Alan - I agree with you, Grabber Blue is sweet. It had been a while since I saw a Grabber Blue in person, so when I drove by today and saw it, I was surprised. If Grabber Blue had been an option along with GO... it would have been a very tough decision.

I hope the pics do the blue justice. I am assuming that they have been sitting there for a while cause of the ice on them.

The Gold is pretty cool too. ABC had a show about a reporter that drove a S197 painted in a similar gold color. That was pretty cool when I saw it. Not sure if I would get one that color though...

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:57 pm 

FalconGTHO
The Cameraman

Well, GO is more distinctive than GB. So, thats part of the appeal. Orange in general is a low number color regardless of brand. And it just "sticks out". So thats cool. But, I do love blue and esp GB so much.

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:00 pm 

FalconGTHO
The Cameraman

The Amber Gold looks MUCH MORE accurate to the original Parnelli Jones color.

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:04 pm 

2007Grabber
GO Milk Man

Name: Bill

The Grabber Blue is bad ass! If I win the lottery, I will be purchasing a GB GT and make my GO V6 the daily driver. I would have to move to a warmer climate, but hey I would have just won the lottery. Yeah, I'm dreamin!
Not into the Gold. I would rather have seen a Dark Green or Dark Purple.

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:26 pm 

07Tang
Valencia Member

Keep in mind that I am not sure if these are official colors for '08, but rather 2 of the vehicles sitting in the R&D parking lot. Also for '08 the Bullit is coming in the Highland Green, so there's your dark green.

I saw the Bullit at the 2006 Showroom of the Future they held for us and the green is an awesome color. Unfortuantely I think that it will only come on the Bullit though.

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:34 pm 

dslimbizkit
Swings Both Ways

Name: Derek

grabber blue is cool..especially the BOSS that Galpin made (cover of March 5.0 mustang) ...Last night on the way home from a crappy chick-flick we passed some used car dealership and I saw a S197 that was a gold color..and I thought WTF!? was there any color available since '05 like that or was this a custom color they had painted???? it was Dark out so maybe my eyes were playing tricks on me... also, I too hope grabber orange is DONE FOR! less the better. period. Love

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:56 pm 

flashfearless
Lucious Member

Cool. Nice "spy" photos. While I like Grabber Blue, it didn't make me want to dirty my drawers like Grabber Orange...

Latest Mods: MGW Short Throw | CDC Classic Chin Spoiler | BSM 18" SuperStripe | 3.73 Gears | Shelby GT mufflers

Future Mods: Drop the Tail!

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:28 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

07Tang
Valencia Member

The Grabber Blue is more majestic in person. I would love to see it all shined up. Can you imagine a Grabber Blue with GO stripes? Or vice versa? Talk about different and an attention getter! Don't Blink

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:42 pm 

2007Grabber
GO Milk Man

Name: Bill

I am waiting for someone to do some dark blue on the GO. I think that would look real nice. Who's first?

Post Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:57 pm 

Emu Hunter
Emu. The other red meat!

Name: Justin

Lemme guess. The big fat labels are for the big fatcats from Corporate who probably come down and decide the winning colors on a whim... "let's see, my wife and daughter like gold things, so Grabber Blue color thingy is out" Haaaaaaaa. Just a sarcastic moment from Emu. +1 on the cool spy pics! It is sorta odd that they're just left lying around outside with big sticker names on them...

Delivered: 01/29/07
Modified: 01/30/07

Post Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:23 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

flashfearless
Lucious Member

I'm picturing a guy in an airplane making the decision from above.

Latest Mods: MGW Short Throw | CDC Classic Chin Spoiler | BSM 18" SuperStripe | 3.73 Gears | Shelby GT mufflers

Future Mods: Drop the Tail!

Post Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:25 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Emu Hunter
Emu. The other red meat!

Name: Justin

Airplane? Try Helicopter. Where do you think all those loses come from? Its certainly not the 243 Vice Presidents, there is a chain of command to think about!

Delivered: 01/29/07
Modified: 01/30/07

Post Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:29 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

CelticNut
MINI Man

Name: Chris

All I can say is thank goodness they're bringing even more color into the mix. I can't get enough. I'm bored with boring colors!

Bring on the GRABBERS...ALL shades of 'em! Love

Now I'm drivin' a 2010 VW Golf... a poor substitute for a Grabber Orange MUSTANG!

Post Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:50 am 
   GrabberOrange.net Forum Index Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next